Programs & Services
Click here to find out how you can help.
5th on 5th Youth Services, the well-known “go-to” place for resume help, job training, skill development and support for young people, could soon be gone if a temporary funding crisis is not averted.
Volunteers and staff from the 20-year-old agency — which conservative estimates suggest has helped more than 100,000 people since its founding in 1994 — approached Lethbridge City Council on Monday, July 21 for a funding request to bridge the gap between the end of some programs and the beginning of others.
The decision made by council was to advocate on our behalf to the government of Alberta.
We are looking for community support in the form of letters and donations. Click here for sample letters.
Currently 5th on 5th staff manage more than 15,000 visits each year. Approximately 8,000 people are enrolled in formal programs.
The per-person cost for 5th on 5th to be able to assist an individual is approximately $30 per year.
For more information, click here
5th on 5th Youth Services provides the following programs/services for youth (ages 15 to 30):
(Click on each title for more information)
All of 5th on 5th’s programs & services are free of charge.Read more »
With great sadness we at 5th on 5th Youth Services are mourning the loss of Bill Glover who passed away on November 17, 2014.
Through his work with the Freemasons, Bill has been a big supporter of 5th on 5th Youth Services for many, many years.
More recently, Bill joined the Board of Directors in 2011 where he has been committed to ensuring that quality programs for the youth of Lethbridge and area continue to be delivered.
His tireless commitment to the community is only overshadowed by his wonderful sense of humour. Bill brought smiles to every room he entered. He was such a joy to work with.
Bill’s passing is a great loss to the community. Our hearts go out to his family during this difficult time.
Read more »
- January 13 & 14: Forward Life Impact Information Sessions – call to sign up
- January 15, 22, & 29: Art Program – drop in noon – 2pm
- January drop in to get help with your resume any day!
- January Casual Labour Orientations are at 9am Monday – Friday
- February 10 & 11: Forward Life Impact Information Sessions – call to sign up
- February 5, 12, 19 & 26: Art Program – drop in noon – 2pm
- February 16: Closed for Family Day
- February: drop in to get help with your resume any day!
- February: Casual Labour Orientations are at 9am Monday – Friday